My LITTLE quick fix to my battery drain problem. - JAM! - Jacksonville Automotive Muscle!
JAM! - Jacksonville Automotive Muscle!  

Go Back   JAM! - Jacksonville Automotive Muscle! > JAM - Garage > Interior Mods Zone

Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 AM

Vehicle Make: Dodge
Vehicle Model: Charger
Trim Level: 6.4L SRT8
Color: RedLine
Engine: 392
Bullish is on a distinguished road
Default My LITTLE quick fix to my battery drain problem.

For some reason my Stock battery can not hold a charge.
If I run the Radio while washing my car.. It drains the Battery.
If I keep my halos on during a show.. It drains my Battery.
At first I thought it was the Trinity but I removed it and still my Battery will Drain out

Had dealer replace my battery and it solved problem for a short period of time. However it went back to draining my battery. The last time this happen was 2 weeks ago waiting for Sheila to come out the gym I was playing a CD / Music Videos. I was out there no more than 10 mins and it drained my battery. It's a little embarrassing having a new $50K car jumped. LOL

I started shopping around for a deep cell battery but the prices I was finding for my car were at least $250 and the CA and the RC was not much more than what I already had with my stock Battery.

I was in Pep Boys and they had this on sale for $140 (Reg $170) and I had a $25 gift card.

So I said what the hell. I got a Battery BOOSTER (CA 750 and Peak AMP of 1500)

I found a nice way of installing it as well. Purchase a Long and thick Velcro strap and I made a small cut into sidewall carpet in my trunk. Car Battery is right under it so I do not have to remove it to use it and I also still able to plug in the wall charger to the back so I do not have to remove it to charge it.

Like I said a Little quick fix for now..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 02:05 PM

Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Thorred
Engine: 5.7
PRCharger is on a distinguished road

Im not sure but I siad that with a new battery and do still drain out, has to be some wrong. The battery shut not drain that easy even new.

I will check all grounds & terminals on all the equipment that you have installed. If you can check how much power the radio equipment pull and if it is more that what a single battery can handle I will consider add a second battery without have to run the car engine.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:48 PM

Vehicle Make: DODGE
Vehicle Model: RAM
Trim Level: SPORT- R/T
Color: Flame Red PR-4
Engine: HEMI
RACERAM9 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Mario, unhook halos, exhaust cut outs and your pod lights and anything else you may have wired up see if that's your problem.......all is good with the jump box......untill you forget to charge it...

2007 RAM QC FLAME RED,20s, 3.92 rear Vararam CAI, Cherrybomb vortex mufflers dumped out in front of rear tires, Superchips Cortex, R/T badges on grill and tailgate custom designed stripes and hood vinyl.....and more to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 11:43 AM

hahahhahaha Let me not forget then lol..

Has to do with everything I have hook up, which in my opinion is minimal compare to what I had on my previous car and didn't have this problem but then again I had a 2nd battery as well. So that might be a option for me.. From what I am being told the Trinity draws a lot of power away from the battery when the car is not on and the stock alternator isn't the best when it comes to completing recharging your battery. So I just have to make sure the Trinity is not plug in..

Old 03-28-2013, 02:39 PM

Vehicle Make: DODGE
Vehicle Model: RAM
Trim Level: SPORT- R/T
Color: Flame Red PR-4
Engine: HEMI
RACERAM9 is on a distinguished road

But why is the trinity even operating if the car is not on? What's it running at the windixie parking lit when you need to run in and grab milk for your cocoa puffs.....that to me makes less sence then a bad ground......

2007 RAM QC FLAME RED,20s, 3.92 rear Vararam CAI, Cherrybomb vortex mufflers dumped out in front of rear tires, Superchips Cortex, R/T badges on grill and tailgate custom designed stripes and hood vinyl.....and more to come
Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 PM

That is the million dollar question that Diablo is still trying to fully resolve and answer. lol.. The Trinity is designed and met to be plugged into you car at all times, Gauges, monitoring and recording, etc.. However for some reason with the 2nd Gen cars the Trinity is draining power from the Battery even when it's in sleep mode. That is why during the early canned tune versions (A&B) some cars were not even turning on after tune was installed. Diablo is currently running a G version which is the one I have now. The newer version were able to limit the amount of power being drained during sleep mode but they have not been able to stop it all together.. I have no idea why. Something to do with the 2 Gen PCM.

Yeah Diablo has cracked the PCM Code but IMO they have not yet mastered it.

For example even with the G version.. If I leave it plugged into my car for 3 days WITHOUT turning on my car.. I will need to jump my car.. So pretty much people are not leaving them plugged in..

Good thing this Trinity was a birthday gift hahhahaha
Otherwise I would of lost it by now lol

I plan to get a Supercharger by Gatty 8.
So I am hoping all these bugs are cleared up by then..

Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM

Trim Level: R/T
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 5.7 HEMI
mayer69XS29L is on a distinguished road

Supercharger??? That will be sweet. I look forward to seeing that. Don't forget to show some love to the drive train. I don't want things breaking before I get a chance to ride in it.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:44 AM

Vehicle Model: Challenger
Trim Level: R/T!!
Color: HEMI Orange
Engine: 5.7L/6-speed
Thommo will become famous soon enough

It takes one hell of an amp draw to kill a battery that fast, halos and a trinity and a radio don't draw enough juice to kill a battery that quickly. Something is staying on that needs to be off. Halos don't pull juice like headlights do, it's like you have a high draw item still running that you are not aware of. Need to have an amp meter on the battery and see if you have a static (just sitting there) draw and how much it is. Then unhook add on systems one at a time until it stops so you can tell where the drain is.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:20 PM

Thanks Thommo.. Its something with these new cars because I am not the only one. I heard some say if your radio is on and if car is on Aux power.. ALL the the bells and whistles this car comes with draws power from the battery even if they are not on.. Again I only heard two people say this. Someone also told that being that I had my halos connected to by daytime lights. Every time I keep my halos on its drawing power from the battery as IF the actual headlights were on.. Drawing the amount of power that Head lights being on draw, on even through they are not on.. Also being HID's it draws even more power. Again not sure if that is true..

Now the Trinity.... It's a proven fact that it's drawing and draining power from the battery EVEN IF the car is off. Diablo has limited the amount of power its drawing but has not been able to completely resolve this problem. It's only a problem with the fully loaded 2nd Gen cars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement