OP Dodge - Lucky I'm Not In Jail! - JAM! - Jacksonville Automotive Muscle!
JAM! - Jacksonville Automotive Muscle!  

Go Back   JAM! - Jacksonville Automotive Muscle! > JAM - Garage > Local Shop Reviews

Old 10-24-2013, 06:11 PM

Vehicle Make: Dodge
Vehicle Model: Challenger
Trim Level: R/T Classic
Color: Stinger Yellow
Engine: 5.7
Cap10_Morgan is on a distinguished road
Angry OP Dodge - Lucky I'm Not In Jail!

(Be prepared for a novel. Sorry, but need advice)

Ok... I usually go to Jax Dodge. Went there yesterday for my freebie oil change and they happened to notice a nail in the tire. Wasn't losing air, and I was on my lunch break, so figured I would check prices, etc and get the tire fixed ASAP. This morning, the tire is flat, so I throw on the donut and go to OP Dodge rather than driving across town on the donut. (OP dodge is 3 minutes away) Now, I'm about as anal about my car as the rest of you, so I KNOW when there is a new ding. Yeah, she has a few from pebbles. Not only that, but I just happen to always fix the lanyards for my hoodpins because they sometimes get caught at weird angles and again... I'm anal. So seriously... I actually checked the hood of my car as I got out of my car in the service lane. (Love the comments from all the service guys, so gotta make sure she looks good, right) Now... this was not there when I left her! There is a deep scratch with a small (very small) dent ."Probably where the impact from whatever hit this" according to the service manager who says there is "no way" this happened in service because they "weren't even working on my hood". So I suggested perhaps someone walking by dropped a tool, ran into it with the handle of a floor jack, air hose, etc. According to him... "no one else was in that bay". (Yeah right!) Everyone around (kinda made a scene, but tried real hard to keep my cool) even said it looked fresh. Not sure if you can tell from the pics, but there is a slight black smudge around the edges of it, like maybe some handle??? The service manager finally offers to pay half of whatever the repair cost, but needs to wait for his "trim guy" who is only there on Tuesdays. I honestly don't feel I should pay a dime, but he kept insisting there is "no way it happened here". Then why offer to pay half??? I made sure they documented it on my ticket and snapped these pics with my phone before I left. I got home and called the Dodge Customer Service number. She couldn't get ahold of the service manager I dealt with to get his side of the story, but told me that BECAUSE the dealership was willing to pay SOMETHING, they couldn't do anything to go over their heads. (So corporate can't go over local's head? Why have corporate) They are going to contact me after they get ahold of the dealer, but basically told me unless the dealer offers more, there is nothing they can do. Where do I go from here? Lawyer? Police report to investigate or something? (Sounds silly, I know) I am going to follow my phone call up with an email to Chrysler, but they made it sound like they weren't going to do anything. I can't see straight right now, let alone think straight, so what are your thoughts?

Last edited by Cap10_Morgan; 10-24-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 06:39 PM

Vehicle Model: Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 5.7L HEMI
InDeepWaterBlue is on a distinguished road

I say that might be something JaxCJD did and you missed it because they were the ones that opened your hood, not OPDodge. Again only saying that because they were the ones that did the oil change and have a reason to be near that part of your car. If OP did it, someone would to have dropped something with a decent amount of force to cause a scuff like that. With that said I'd push for hem to cover your comprehensive deductible on your insurance. You can't simply repaint the hood, it will have to be blended in with your fenders and that process isn't exactly cheap. Just my opinion here bud hope it works out for the best...

Old 10-24-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
I say that might be something JaxCJD did and you missed it because they were the ones that opened your hood, not OPDodge. Again only saying that because they were the ones that did the oil change and have a reason to be near that part of your car. If OP did it, someone would to have dropped something with a decent amount of force to cause a scuff like that. With that said I'd push for hem to cover your comprehensive deductible on your insurance. You can't simply repaint the hood, it will have to be blended in with your fenders and that process isn't exactly cheap. Just my opinion here bud hope it works out for the best...
I follow your logic, but that actually adds another good point. I always check for greasy fingerprints on my hood after the oil change. I am 100% positive it wasn't there when I left Jax Dodge. I even checked (and fixed my hoodpins, lol) before I got in my car. (And did a walkaround of the whole car while at it)

The insurance thing is a good point. If he was willing to flat out cover half the repair, it might be cheaper covering the deductible. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap10_Morgan View Post
I follow your logic, but that actually adds another good point. I always check for greasy fingerprints on my hood after the oil change. I am 100% positive it wasn't there when I left Jax Dodge. I even checked (and fixed my hoodpins, lol) before I got in my car. (And did a walkaround of the whole car while at it)

The insurance thing is a good point. If he was willing to flat out cover half the repair, it might be cheaper covering the deductible. Thanks.
well, at least I sounded logical lol

Old 10-24-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
well, at least I sounded logical lol
We will be sure to document this rare occasion, lol

Old 10-25-2013, 01:33 AM

Vehicle Model: Charger
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 5.7 HEMI
mayer69XS29L is on a distinguished road

Man, that sucks! Hope you are able to get this behind you soon.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:53 AM

Trim Level: SRT8
Color: Hemi Orange
Engine: 6.1L Hemi
Mo'Power is on a distinguished road

Damn dude! I was there this morning as well getting an oil change and my tires rotated. I do recall seeing your car. I was there from 7a-10a. Aside from the stuff mentioned, I was also there cause they had to fix a broken reverse sensor that THEY broke last time I was in there. My experiences there are fairly positive. Brad is a pretty cool dude to deal with. But, once the car goes in the bay who knows what will happen. That's why I always do a walk around with whoever tags my car for service. I tell them I'm not trying to insult, but $h!t happens. Sorry to hear about your ride and hopefully it gets taken care of.

E-Force Supercharger (9lbs. of Boost), AEM Failsafe Gauge, AEM Water/Meth Injection, Corsa Sport Exhaust/ Magnaflow High Flow Cats/180 T-Stat/ BT Catch Can/ Razors Edge Front and Rear Brace/ Diablo Predator with CMR boost tune/Tinted Windows/ Hurst Shifter/ Hotchkis Springs and Sway Bars/ Pedders Rear Cradle Bushings
Old 10-25-2013, 11:04 AM

Trim Level: R/T
Color: Bright A$$ Orange
overwrkd is on a distinguished road

Holy @*$^$&. Yep, Its amazing you didn't leave some busted up bodies on your way out of there. You can't do something like that without realizing you did it. Someone isn't fessing up, and unless they do, I think you gotta take what you can get from them. I agree with you about Jax Dodge though, the way you are about your car, you would have noticed that immediately, especially if you were adjusting your hood pins. Even just walking by, you would have noticed something like that.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:39 PM

Too bad I didn't run into you, Mo. Your car must have been back in the bay the whole time I was there.

@Tim, yeah... if there was ANY doubt whatsoever that this was there before I dropped it off... or could have happened on the drive over (although its obviously not a rock chip) I wouldn't even want their 50%. I would chalk it up to "who knows" and I would be responsible for the whole thing. But there is absolutely no question whatsoever that this damage was not there right up to the moment I parked in the service lane and walked away from my car. (of course, I can't provide any "forensic evidence" of this)

Old 10-25-2013, 08:57 PM

time to install a small dash cam behind the rear view mirror...

Advertisement